CHICKEN BIRYANI RECIPE
Chicken biryani Recipe
Is a popular and delicious dish in South India recipe. It is made with chicken, spices, and basmati rice. Even we can make veg biryani too. It is a one-pot chicken biryani, very simple and easy to prepare. It is usually served with raita or gravy. Furthermore, it can be served with Salan or Shorba (Sherva) too. Traditionally it is served with cut onions, cucumber, and lemon.
There are variety of biryanis like Lakhnawi biryani, Ambur biryani, Chettinad biryani, Delhi biryani, Dindigul biryani, Hyderabadi biryani etc.
The most famous way of cooking biryani is dum cooking. i.e., biryani involves cooking rice, onion, meat, or vegetable separately, finally cooking them together by forming layers of each item. Like one layer of cooked rice, meat, and gravy, chopped mint, and coriander leaves, and at the end ghee, saffron milk.
To make a delicious Chicken Biryani it is always better to use chicken with skin and bones giving good flavor and taste to the dish.
Adding freshly ground ginger garlic paste is equally important. The onion should be stir-fried till golden brown.
It is always recommended to soak rice before adding it to the biryani. Basmati rice and Jeera samba rice are the best and most commonly used rice for making this yummy recipe. But other types of rice can also be used.
Adding a variety of spices like cardamom, cinnamon stick, cloves, fennel seeds, peppercorns, shah jeera, star anise, and nutmeg gives additional aroma and flavor to the dish.
Oil or Ghee can be used for making this dish. Adding ghee gives additional flavor to the biryani.
Adding yogurt helps to tenderize the meat and imbue it with flavor. It can be added for marinating or directly while cooking.
If you have any questions about this Recipe name do connect with me through Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Even you can follow me on Instagram, facebook, Do not forget to share your opinion in the below comment space.
How to make Chicken Biryani Recipe: (Step by step pictures and instructions)
Chicken Biryani Recipe
- 1 Pan
- 2 cups Basmati rice
- ½ kg Chicken
- 3 big Onion sliced
- 2 big Tomato cut
- 2 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 6 Green chilies
- 1 tbsp Garam masala or Biryani masala
- ¼ tsp Red chili powder Adjust as per requirement
- 2 tbsp Curd
- 2 Bay leaf
- 3 Cloves
- 2 inch Cinnamon stick
- 2 Cardamom
- ½ tsp Fennel seeds
- ¼ tsp Pepper corns
- ½ cup Coriander leaves chopped
- ½ cup Mint leaves chopped
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- Salt to taste
- 4 cups Water If required add little water
- Heat a pot and add in oil and ghee. Allow it to melt.
- Add bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, fennel seeds,pepper corns.
- Add sliced onions, turmeric powder, green chilies. Stir fry till the onions turns golden brown.
- Later add in chopped tomatoes, ginger garlic paste. Give a mix and cook till the raw smell goes away completely.
- Further, add in chopped coriander and mint leaves. Give a mix and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Later add in chicken pieces and give a mix.
- Add in garam masala, red chili powder and salt to taste. Give a quick mix.
- 2 tbsp thick curd and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add 4 cups of water and allow it to boil. If required add salt to taste at this stage.
- Add soaked (30 minutes) basmati rice.
- Then close the lid and dum cook for 20 to 25 minutes in low flame.
- Finally, Chicken Biryani is ready to serve with Onion Raita
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?