Semiya biryani, also known as vermicelli biryani or seviyan biryani, is a flavorful and simple Indian dish that combines the textures of biryani rice with the thin, delicate strands of vermicelli. Biryani is a popular South Asian rice dish known for its fragrant spices and rich flavors, often made with various meats, vegetables, or seafood and even with paneer, mushrooms, soya chunks etc. Semiya biryani is a variation of this classic dish where vermicelli is used as the main ingredient instead of rice.
It’s often served with onion raita (yogurt dip) or a simple salad. You can alternate the recipe by adding your choice of vegetables, nuts, and spices to suit your taste preferences.
For similar recipes:
Yummy ashas kitchen, Breakfast Recipes, Meals Recipes, Rice Recipes, Rasam and Sambar Recipes, Side dish or Palya Recipes, Gravy and curry Recipes, Non-Veg Recipes, Millet Recipes, Podi or Powder Recipes, Chutney Recipes, Appetizers, Desserts and drinks, Cakes and Baking, Salads.
Semiya BiryaniCourse: BreakfastCuisine: Indian
Semiya biryani, also known as vermicelli biryani or seviyan biryani, is a flavorful and simple Indian dish that combines the textures of biryani rice with the thin, delicate strands of vermicelli.
1 cup Semiya
3 tbsp. Oil
1 inch Cinnamon
1 Bay leaf
1 Onion sliced
2 to 3 Green chilies
1/2 cup Cauliflower
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Garam masala powder
1 tbsp. Thick curd
2 tbsp. Coriander leaves
2 tbsp. Mint leaves
Water as required
Salt to taste
- Heat a pan and add in water and allow it to boil. Once the water starts boiling add in roasted semiya and little oil. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Once the semiya is cooked.
- Drain it immediately and allow it to cool down.
- Now heat a pan and add in oil, cloves, bay leaf, cardamom and cinnamon sticks.
- Later add in chopped onion, green chilies, ginger garlic paste, carrots, beans, cauliflower and salt to taste.
- Then add in turmeric powder and garam masala powder.
- Further add in 1/4 cup water. Close the lid and allow the vegetable to cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Then add in a tbsp. thick curd.
- Later add chopped coriander and mint leaves. Give a mix.
- Now add in cooked and drained semiya. Then carefully give a mix without breaking the semiya.
- Finally, semiya biryani is ready to serve.