Palak paratha or spinach paratha is a popular Indian flatbread that is flavored with spinach (palak) and various spices. It is one of the nutritious and delicious dish that can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It goes well with curd, chutney, any gravy or kurma of your choice, and even can be served with any pickle of your choice.
It’s a popular choice for those looking for a healthier and flavorful alternative to regular plain parathas. Paratha is a popular Indian flatbread that is enjoyed throughout the Indian subcontinent and neighboring regions. It is a versatile and delicious bread that can be made in various ways and stuffed with a wide range of ingredients like potato, cauliflower (gobi), green peas, raddish, paneer etc.
For similar other recipes:
Yummy ashas kitchen, Breakfast Recipes, Meals Recipes, Rice Recipes, Rasam and Sambar Recipes, Side dish or Palya Recipes, Gravy and curry Recipes, Non-Veg Recipes, Millet Recipes, Podi or Powder Recipes, Chutney Recipes, Appetizers, Desserts and drinks, Cakes and Baking, Salads.
Palak ParathaCourse: Breakfast RecipesCuisine: Indian
Palak paratha or spinach paratha is a popular Indian flatbread that is flavored with spinach (palak) and various spices.
1 bunch Palak
2 Green chilies
1/2 inch Ginger
1/2 tsp Cumin powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
2 cups Wheat flour
Salt to taste
Oil as required
- Firstly, heat a pan and add in cleaned palak leaves, little water, green chilies and ginger. Close the lid and allow it to cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Then allow it to cool down completely.
- Then grind it into a smooth paste.
- Now take a large mixing bowl and add in wheat flour, ground palak puree, cumin powder, turmeric powder and salt to taste.
- Add required water and give a mix.
- Knead it into a soft dough consistency. Then close the lid and allow it to rest for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Roll it into a soft bread.
- Further, heat a tawa and cook the parathas on both the sides. Add oil, ghee or butter or your choice.
- Finally, tasty palak paneer is ready to serve.