PORI URUNDAI RECIPE
PORI URUNDAI RECIPE:
It is also known as Puri Undai, Pori Urundai, Nel pori, Puffed rice laddu, Murmura Laddu, Puri Unde, Puffed rice sweet balls, Murmura Ladoo, Mandakki Unde, Roasted Poha Ladoo, Roasted Poha Laddu is a traditional and tasty sweet recipe. This sweet prepared during festivals, functions and especially in Karthigai deepam etc. It is very simple and easy to prepare at home with minimal ingredients available at home.
Ingredients used in this recipe are puffed rice, jaggery, roasted channa, white sesame seeds, coconut pieces and cardamom powder is optional.
Popped rice or pop rice are types of puffed rice in which it is made from rice commonly used in Indian cuisines, especially in South Indian Cuisines. Using this we can make breakfast recipes and snack recipes like bhel pori, germit etc. It is also known as puri, murmura, pori etc.,
It is a traditional cane sugar consumed in India. Later it is extracted from cane juice, date, or palm sap. And can vary from golden brown to dark brown. We can make a variety of dishes like payasam, Pongal, chikkies,etc. And it is the best replacement for sugar.
BENEFITS OR PORI URUNDAI:
It is very healthy and light, digests easily, boosts immunity, no need cook we can have it directly.
For other recipes: Yummy ashas kitchen, Breakfast Recipes, Meals Recipes, Rice Recipes, Rasam and Sambar Recipes, Side dish or Palya Recipes, Gravy and curry Recipes, Non-Veg Recipes, Millet Recipes, Podi or Powder Recipes, Chutney Recipes, Appetizers, Desserts and drinks, Cakes and Baking, Salads, Others.
If you have any questions about this Recipe name do connect with me through Mail: email@example.com. Even you can follow me on Instagram, and Facebook, Do not forget to share your opinion in the below comment space.
HOW TO MAKE PORI URUNDAI RECIPE:
PORI URUNDAI RECIPE
- 1 Pan
- 2 Cups Pori or Puffed rice
- 1 Cup Jaggery
- ¼ Cup Roasted channa or fried gram
- 2 tbsp Sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp Coconut pieces Optional
- Firstly heat a pan and add in 1 tbsp water and jaggery. Allow it to melt. Cook till you get the right consistency. Then take a bowl of water and pour in drop of jaggery syrup and check the consistency by rolling it in your hand, if you get a small ball like shape or like hard stone. Then it is the right consistency.
- Later add in roasted channa or fried gram, sesame seeds, coconut pieces, puffed rice or pori and give a quick mix.
- Then switch off the flame and try to make balls with the help of your hands.
- Finally the traditional and tasty puri undai, puffed rice undai is ready to serve.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?