Instant Onion samosa, also known as pyaaz ki samosa or irani samosa. Further, is a popular Indian snack that consists of a crispy, triangular pastry filled with a savory onion mixture.
It is a variation of the traditional vegetable samosa, which typically contains a mixture of potatoes, peas, and spices.
Onion samosas are traditional samosas found in Indian cuisine. They are popular as a street food or evening snack.
The main difference between regular samosas and onion samosas lies in the filling. While regular samosas typically have a potato-based filling and you can also prepare filling using eggs, chicken, paneer, mushrooms. Onion samosas are filled primarily with a mixture of finely sliced onions, poha (flatten rice) and spices.
The onions are sautéed with spices such as coriander, turmeric, garam masala and red chili powder to create aromatic filling. But in this recipe I have added directly the sliced onions without sautéing with other spices.
How to make Samosa Dough:
The pastry shell of onion samosas is made from all-purpose flour or wheat flour, salt, and oil. The dough is kneaded and rolled out into thin sheets. And which are then filled with the onion mixture or any other filling of your choice. The samosas are usually shaped into triangles or cones, and the edges are sealed with water or a flour-water paste.
Once the samosas are filled and shaped, and they are deep-fried until they turn light golden brown and crunchy. The deep-frying process gives them a crispy texture and enhances the flavors of the filling.
Samosas are typically enjoyed as a evening snack or appetizer and can be served hot. It is one of the easy and best snacks to prepare for guests. birthday parties. They are often served with mint chutney, sweet tamarind chutney, or tomato ketchup for dipping. Samosas are loved for their crispy and savory, spiced onion filling, making them a delicious treat for samosa lovers.
For other recipes:
Yummy ashas kitchen, Breakfast Recipes, Meals Recipes, Rice Recipes, Rasam and Sambar Recipes, Side dish or Palya Recipes, Gravy and curry Recipes, Non-Veg Recipes, Millet Recipes, Podi or Powder Recipes, Chutney Recipes, Appetizers, Desserts and drinks, Cakes and Baking, Salads.
Instant Onion SamosaCourse: AppetizersCuisine: Indian
Onion samosa, also known as pyaaz ki samosa or irani samosa. Further, is a popular Indian snack that consists of a crispy, triangular pastry filled with a savory onion mixture. It is a variation of the traditional vegetable samosa, which typically contains a mixture of potatoes, peas, and spices.
12 Instant Samosa Sheets
- For Stuffing
1/2 cup Thick flatten rice or Poha
1 Big Onion sliced
2 Green Chilies chopped
2 tbsp. Coriander leaves finely chopped
1/2 tsp Red chili powder
1 tsp Coriander powder
1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
Salt to taste
- For Binding
2 tbsp. All-purpose flour / Maida
1/4 cup Water
Oil for deep frying
- For Filling:
- In mixing bowl add in sliced onions, chopped green chilies, finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Soak and drain the flatten rice / poha.
- Add in poha, red chili powder, garam masala, coriander powder and salt to taste.
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and give a mix.
- For binding mix take a bowl add in all purpose flour or maida and water.
- Give a mix without any lumps (paste like consistency).
- Firstly, take a samosa pastry sheet and fold as shown in the image.
- Then fill in the prepared onion mixture.
- Later apply prepared binding flour paste and close it to form a triangle shape.
- Further, this is how the samosa looks like. Repeat the same with other samosas.
- Deep fry the samosas till light golden brown and crispy.
- Finally, the onion samosas are ready to transfer to a plate.
- Onion samosas are ready to serve.