METHI RICE BATH
METHI RICE BATH | METHI PULAO | MENTHYA BATH
Methi rice bath is a healthy, simple, and yet tasty rice pilaf recipe. Is a one-pot rice bath recipe. Fenugreek is called Methi in Indian words. It is flavored with spices, and fresh methi leaves. Further, it is one of the quick and best lunch box recipes, as it is very easy to prepare and packed with a healthy and balanced meal. It can be served with any raita of your choice or with any gravy, even it can be served with potato chips or papads. To make is more healthy even we can add different vegetables like cut potatoes, carrots, beans, capsicum, kidney beans, cauliflower, soya chunks, paneer, etc.,
Fresh Methi leaves, onion, oil, ghee, ginger garlic paste, green chili paste, green peas, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, bay leaf, tomatoes, jeera samba rice, water as required, salt to taste.
Fresh Coconut, onion, coriander and mint leaves, pepper corns, fennel seeds.
For more Methi Recipe check below:
Fenugreek / Methi: It is one of the healthiest leafy vegetables. Further, it has got a flavourful and slightly bitter taste, which can be incorporated into a variety of dishes such as parathas, dals, stir-fries, rice baths, etc. Kasuri Methi in English ‘Dried Fenugreek Leaves’, adding Kasuri methi enhances the taste of the dish, usually, it is added at the end of the dish like gravies, biryanis, etc.,
Here I have used Jeera Samba Rice, before cooking it is always better to rinse the rice for 2 to 3 times and then soak it for at least 15 to 30 minutes, but you can also use Basmati rice or regular Sona masuri rice.
For other recipes: Yummy ashas kitchen, Breakfast Recipes, Meals Recipes, Rice Recipes, Rasam and Sambar Recipes, Side dish or Palya Recipes, Gravy and curry Recipes, Non-Veg Recipes, Millet Recipes, Podi or Powder Recipes, Chutney Recipes, Appetizers, Desserts and drinks, Cakes and Baking, Salads, Others.
If you have any questions about this Recipe name do connect with me through Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Even you can follow me on Instagram, and Facebook, Do not forget to share your opinion in the below comment space.
HOW TO MAKE METHI RICE BATH:
METHI RICE BATH
- 1 Pan
- 1 Mixer grinder
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 Cardamom
- 3 Cloves
- 2 inch Cinnamon stick
- 1 Big Onion sliced
- 1 tbsp Green chili paste
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 2 Tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 cup Green peas
- 4 cups Water
- 2 cups Jeera Samba Rice
- ¼ cup Fresh Coconut
- 1 Small Onion
- ½ tsp Pepper corns
- 1 tsp Fennel seeds
- ¼ cup Coriander leaves
- ¼ cup Mint leaves
- 1 cup Fenugreek leaves
- Firstly heat a pan and add in oil, ghee, cloves, cardamom, bay leaf and cinnamon sticks.
- Add in sliced onion, green chili paste, and ginger garlic paste. Sauté till the raw smell goes away.
- Then add tomato paste. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or till the oil separates the pan.
- In a mixer, jar add fresh coconut, 1/2 onion, peppercorns, fennel seeds, coriander leaves, mint leaves, and fenugreek leaves. Grind it into a smooth paste.
- Later add in ground paste and salt to taste.
- Squeeze half the lemon juice. Close the lid and cook till the oil separates the pan.
- And then add in frozen green peas or fresh peas, water as required. Allow it to boil.
- Add in soaked Jeera samba rice or basmati rice.
- Close the lid and allow it to cook till the rice is completely cooked.
- Finally, the healthy and flavorful Methi Rice Bath is ready to serve.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?