Gobi 65 is a vegan fried snack recipe. It is a very popular South Indian starter appetizer recipe.
It can be served with tomato ketchup, any sauce of your choice, green chutney or mint chutney, or any dip of your choice.
This spicy and crispy gobi 65 can be served as a starter or evening snack along with tea/coffee or can be severed as an accomplishment with fried rice, or any meal of your choice.
These Gobi 65 florets are marinated and tossed with spice powders, and flours and then deep-fried in oil.
Similarly, using this same masala we can make aloo 65, paneer 65, soya chunks 65, mushroom 65, etc., and the most popular one is the chicken 65.
Further, the other hand, Chicken 65 is a popular South Indian non-vegetarian starter. It can be prepared with boneless chicken of bone-in chicken.
What is the difference between Gobi 65 and Gobi Manchurian?
Gobi 65 is a dry starter recipe. On the other hand, Gobi Manchurian is a semi-dry starter recipe, where the fried cauliflower is tossed in a sauce, chopped garlic, onions, capsicum, and curry leaves.
For other recipes:
Yummy ashas kitchen, Breakfast Recipes, Meals Recipes, Rice Recipes, Rasam and Sambar Recipes, Side dish or Palya Recipes, Gravy and curry Recipes, Non-Veg Recipes, Millet Recipes, Podi or Powder Recipes, Chutney Recipes, Appetizers, Desserts and drinks, Cakes and Baking, Salads, Others.
How to make Crispy Gobi 65 Dry:
Crispy Gobi 65 DryCourse: AppetizersCuisine: Indian
Crispy Gobi 65 dry is a vegan fried snack recipe. Cauliflower is also called gobi or fulgobi in Hindi. It can be served with tomato ketchup, any sauce of your choice, green chutney or mint chutney, or any dip of your choice.
Gobi 65 is a very popular South Indian starter appetizer recipe. This spicy and crispy gobi 65 can be served as a starter or evening snack along with tea/coffee or can be severed as an accomplishment with any meal of your choice.
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
1/2 tsp Salt
- Gobi 65
1 Big Cauliflower
1/4 cup Corn Flour
1/4 cup Gram Flour
1/4 cup Rice Flour
2 tbsp. Maida
1 tbsp. Ginger Garlic paste
1 tbsp. Red Chili powder
2 tsp Coriander powder
1 tsp Kashmiri Chili powder
1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
Handful Curry Leaves
- Firstly, clean and cut cauliflower and keep it aside.
- Blanching: And then soak cauliflower for 1 minute in hot water, turmeric powder, and with a little salt.
- After blanching transfer the cauliflower to a mixing bowl. Further add in red chili powder, coriander powder, kashmiri chili powder, turmeric powder, corn flour, maida, rice flour, besan flour, ginger garlic paste, and salt to taste.
- Give a mix and marinate it and allow it to rest for 5 minutes.
- Drop the marinated cauliflower and deep fry them till golden brown.
- At the end sprinkle a handful of curry leaves.
- Finally, Crispy Gobi 65 is ready to serve.
- Adding fresh curry leaves gives extra flavor and crunchy. It is purely optional.
- Avoid over cooking. Remove the cauliflower as soon as it turns to golden brown.
- It is always better to clean and soak cauliflower in hot turmeric salt water for 1 to 2 minutes, it helps to kill the small insects in it.