Raw Banana Dry Fry/Palya/Poriyal
Raw Bananas belong to banana family. It is rich in vitamin C. It is a very healthy and delicious recipe. It cannot be eaten raw they require cooking. Raw banana dry fry is easy to prepare with minimum ingredients which are available readily at home.It can be eaten as a accomplishment with rice samber and even with rasam. Usually I prepare this palya or poriyal as a side dish for masoppu/spinach samber. At least once in a week I prepare this recipe has an side dish for rice especially when I prepare masopu i.e. Spinach samber.
raw bananas, oil, mustard seeds, urad dal, channa dal, onion, curry leaves, sambar powder, turmeric powder, coconut grated, salt to taste, kashmiri chili powder.
Raw Banana Dry Fry Palya/Poriyal
- 2 Nos. Raw Banana
- 1 Nos. Big Onion
- 1 Spring Curry leaves
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Channa dal
- 1 tsp Urad dal
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Samber powderr or Chilli powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp Coconut grated Optional
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Chilli powder Chilli powder
- First of all peel the skin of the banana and cut them in to small pieces. As soon as you cut the banana put them in water otherwise it may turn into black color.
- Take a pan and add oil, musatrd seeds, Channa dal, urad dal and fry till it turns golden color. Then add in onions and curry leaves fry for one minute in low flame.
- Now add in grated coconut, Samber Powder or Chilli powder, Turmerric powder and Kashmiri chilli powder. Give a quick mix.
- Now add chopped raw bananas and give a mix. Then close the lid and cook for 5 minutes in low flame. If required add little water to cook.
- Finally the raw banana dry fry is ready to serve with rice and samber or with rasam.
- You can also add 1 tsp. jaggery for extra taste.
- As soon as you chop the raw banana add them in to the water. Otherwise bananas may turn black.