Onion Samosa is a tasty and crispy snack recipe. It is one of the famous Indian street food recipe. It goes well with mint chutney or tomato sauce. It is one of the best evening snack recipe or tea time snack recipe. So, the ingredients used in this recipe are: for making samosa sheet we need wheat flour ( usually all purpose flour i.e:, maida is used but here in this recipe I have used wheat flour), only 1 tbsp maida I have used here (for getting crispy texture), corn flour, salt to taste, water as required. And then for making staffing we need sliced onions, green chilies, red chili powder, coriander leaves, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and salt to taste.
Onion samosa + Mint chutney or tomato sause.
Yummy ashas kitchen, Breakfast Recipes, Meals Recipes, Rice Recipes, Rasam and Sambar Recipes, Side dish or Palya Recipes, Gravy and curry Recipes, Non Veg Recipes, Millet Recipes, Podi or Powder Recipes, Chutney Recipes, Appetizers, Desserts and drinks, Cakes and Baking, Salads, Others.Finally
Tags: Samosas, onion samosa.
How to make Onion Samosa at home:
For making samosa sheets using wheat flour:
- Mixing bowl
- Frying pan
For making samosa sheet
- ½ cup Wheat flour
- 1 tbsp Maida(for crispy texture)
- 1 tbsp Corn flour
- Water as required
- Salt as per taste
For making Onion stuffing
- 2 Big Onions
- ½ cup Flatten poha(avalakki)
- 3 Green chilies
- ½ tsp Red chili powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- ¼ cup Chopped coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup Wheat flour
- Water as required to make a paste consistency
For making samosa sheet:
- Take a bowl and add in wheat flour, all purpose flour(maida), corn flour, salt to taste and water as required.
- Give a mix, batter should be pour-able consistency or thin dosa batter consistency.
- Now heat a pan and pour the batter and cook both the sides and keep it aside. And then allow it cool down completely.
For making onion staffing:
- Take a bowl and add in sliced onions, green chilies, red chili powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, coriander leaves, flattened poha and salt to taste.
- Now give a mix and keep it aside for 5 minutes.
- Now take one samosa sheet, cut them into half and fold them in cone shape or triangular shape as shown in the image above.
- Then put the onion staffing into the cone and seal them with wheat paste, so that the staffing will not come out.
- Repeat the same with other samosas.
- Now heat the frying pan and add in oil and allow it heat.
- Then add one by one prepared samosas and deep fry them till golden brown in medium flame.
- Finally the onion samosas are ready to serve with mint chutney or tomato sauce.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?