HOW TO MAKE KARJIKAI
Karjikai (Kannada) is a sweet dumpling recipe of Indian origin. It is also known as Gunjiya, Gughara, Pedakiya, Karanji, Kajjikayalu, Somas, Karjikayi. It can be prepared using suji i.e., semolina, or maida i.e., all-purpose flour, we can also use wheat flour too but we won’t get the crispy texture. And then for stuffing, we need grated dry coconuts, powdered jaggery, cardamom powder, and roasted channa (powder).
Traditionally these yummy desserts are made with maida and stuffed with khoya and dry fruits. And then deep-fried in ghee and dipped in sugary syrup.
The shape of the gujia looks like a half-moon. It is specially made during Holi, and Deewali festivals in Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Gujrat, and Bihar. In Karnataka, it is prepared during the Varamaha Lakshmi festival and Ganesha festivals.
For stuffing, we can make changes according to our taste, so here I have added jaggery instead of sugar, and even we can add chopped dry fruits, and tutti frutti also.
For other recipes: Yummy ashas kitchen, Breakfast Recipes, Meals Recipes, Rice Recipes, Rasam and Sambar Recipes, Side dish or Palya Recipes, Gravy and curry Recipes, Non-Veg Recipes, Millet Recipes, Podi or Powder Recipes, Chutney Recipes, Appetizers, Desserts and drinks, Cakes and Baking, Salads, Others.
If you have any questions about this Recipe name do connect with me through Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Even you can follow me on Instagram, and Facebook, Do not forget to share your opinion in the below comment space.
How to make Karjikai Recipe
- Mixing bowl
- Frying pan
- 1 cup Wheat flour
- 2 tbsp Maida/all purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- Water as required
- 1 cup Dry grated coconut
- ½ cup Jaggery
- ⅛ tsp Cardamom powder
- ¼ cup Roasted channa powder
- Take a mixing bowl and add inwheat flour, maida, pinch of salt and give a mix.
- Add in 1/4th cup water ormore and mix (chapati dough consistency)
- For stuffing take a bowl and add in dry grated coconut, powdered jaggery, roasted channa powder, and cardamom powder. Give a mix.
- Now the stuffing is ready.
- Take a karjikai mold andgrease them with oil.
- Then take a small portion of dough and roll them into flat bread.
- Now place the rolled dough on the karjikai mold and add in the prepared stuffing. Now give a press.
- Finally, karjikai is ready to eep fry.
- Heat oil and drop the prepared karjikai one by one and cook them on both sides on low flame.
- Now the tasty karjikai is ready to serve.
How to make Karjikai Recipe:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?